Last week, our local elections happened. Santa Fe now has a new councilor for District 1, Alma Castro; Councilor Michael Garcia retained his seat for District 2, Pilar Faulkner became a new councilor for District 3, and Councilor Jamie Cassutt retained her seat for District 4.
Luckily, Sarah Boses maintained her seat easily on the School Board in District 2, especially as she was challenged by a Mom’s For Liberty member.
It is so important for all of us of voting age to be present and accounted for in every election. The LGBTQ+ Community in our city and county must vote for us to maintain our voice and presence in every aspect of this community that we call home. We must elect officials who best embody and represent our values and support our community.
Here are our upcoming events:
- Please join us for our LGBTQ+ History Walk this coming Saturday, Nov. 18 – there is space still available; here’s the link.
- Drag Bingo is the last Wednesday11/29 of the month at Tumbleroot. You can go ahead and grab your ticket here.
- World AIDS Day remembrance is on Dec. 1 on the Plaza and is sponsored by Southwest Care Center.
- We are doing our very first Queer Clothing Swap on Saturday, Dec. 9, at the Southside Santa Fe Public Library. Register here.
- Our annual Holiday Party and Drag Bingo is Thursday, Dec. 14, at Tumbleroot – Get your Bingo ticket here.
And don’t forget about our annual Holiday Raffle and Fundraiser. The raffle is for one of 3 great gift baskets filled with hundreds of dollars of gift certificates and great stuff. Tickets are here.