After many months of back and forth, Councilors Carol Romero-Wirth, Renee Villareal, Amanda Chavez, and Chris Rivera are bringing forth an outlined, updated, inclusive, and budgeted piece of legislation to bring into being one of the suggestions presented after 18 months of the CHART process: an OEI – Office of Equity and Inclusion for the city of Santa Fe to be set up within the city Managers office. This legislation will be presented at tonight’s Governing Body meeting at City Hall
HRA is thrilled to see this next step in creating greater Equity and Inclusion within the city. You can access this legislation here: item B under ‘Introduction of Legislation.‘
As I mentioned in our last newsletter, we have an HRA Board retreat on Saturday, October 7, 2023. During this meeting, we will begin the conversation of establishing long-range plans for HRA’s next 30 years. We have realized that we need to adjust some of the items and important issues mentioned in our last newsletter and will focus on some updates to our list. Our continuous goal is to make HRA the best Human Rights organization it can be!
We will be focusing on the following outcomes and goals:
- To center people with lived experiences of racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, cissexism, heterosexism, classism, and ableism in all spaces, especially our decision-making spaces.
- To honor an emergent process
- To best utilize personal experiences, knowledge, and proximity to power
- To unify people standing in & with the LGBTQIA+ community
- To embrace intersections of race, gender, class, sexual orientation, ability, gender identity, culture, medical status, language, immigration status, size, housing and food insecurity, mental health concerns, etc.
- To listen
Please join us for Community Conversations this Sunday, and come on out and see us at the Eaves Ranch this Saturday.
Until next time!